Monday, October 24, 2011

Review: Maybelline Luminizing Eyeshadow

I went out and purchased the new Maybelline shadow that is all the rage.  I got two of them, Caffeine Rush and Amethyst Ablaze.  I used the Caffeine Rush today and I have to say, it is quite lovely when you're in the sunlight.  The colors are beautiful and shimmery.  It has four colors and a luminizing topcoat.  They are very silky and have pretty good pigmentation.  Once you apply them you use the shimmery topcoat over it and "shazamm" you have luminescence.  The only tiny con of this is that the topcoat is very flaky and does get all over your face.  It is almost like a glitterry paste type concoction. I had to wash my lower facial area after I did my eyes, so if you can I would suggest doing your eye makeup first and then the rest of your face.  I am surprised at the popularity of this new product.  I had to go to two different places because the first one was sold out and the second place only had a couple left.  They are all gorgeous and if I could pull them all off I would buy them, but I am so not a risk taker...poo on me.  They are a bit on the pricey side, I paid $8.99 for them at Wal-Mart, but if you are into make up then you know most of it is not cheap.  I would definitely recommend you give this a try, I am positive you will love the way it shimmers in the sunlight and even indoor lighting.  The ads I see in the magazines are a bit off, they do not emit a glow like that, but they are quite shimmery.  This picture does it no justice at all, so sorry, but my webcam kinda sux and my Nikon coolpix does not capture it well either.

No comments:

Post a Comment