Thursday, October 20, 2011

teenagers suck

So my kids, ages 12 and 13, have decided they are going to take over.  They act like complete jerks towards everyone all the time.  It makes me so mad because I can't do anything to stop their ridiculousness.  They are now bigger than me and stronger, not that it should make a difference, a friend of mine has a son who is 6' tall and she is short as all get out and her son quivers at the first sign of discipline from her.  How did she obtain this wonderful gift of fear in her kid and mine just laugh when I threaten to beat them senseless?  It is sooooo unfair, but alas, I know it is my fault essentially.  I was determined to raise my kids the total opposit of my experience and now they have no respect, no drive, no obedience and most of all, no future if I don't fix this quick.  Their favorite words are "don't care" and "oh well".  I am debating a boarding school or military boot camp.  They are in desperate need of some major discipline in their life and I obviously lack that skill.  The time has come to admit that I am defeated by mere teenagers and hand the reigns over to someone else.  If anyone has any suggestions I am open to them. Advice is more than welcome.  It IS going to end soon or I fear my next step is packing my bags and abandoning my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment