Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Walgreen's $1 Makeup: Boe Beauty

     I do not discriminate when it comes to makeup. I like it all! I can't afford it all, but I certainly wish I could! I was at Walgreen's the other day looking for new releases in the makeup section and once I had made my way down the aisle and was about to finish up and check out I noticed the endcap. This is where they normally keep a "clearance" section. They had a bunch of bins set up with products around $1 to $2. It was a hodge podge of sorts and I dug through every little bin looking for some hidden gems. I think I may have hit the jackpot. There was a variety of items from a brand called Boe Beauty. According to the back of the packaging they are located in South Melbourne, Australia. I have never heard of this brand, but like so many other "cheap" brands they have "Made in China" stamped on them. This does not bother me personally since I love many brands whose products are MIC. You never know until you try...so try I'm gonna.

     The packaging of their products is all bright, cheery and very "summery" in colors. This really drew me in. I only got six items, but if they are good I am going to pick up some more.


     Just look at those colors! Don't they make you happy? I love it! Pictured here are two round single eyeshadows: the pink one on the far left is called "County Fair", the coral one on the far right is called "Merry Go Round". There are two pigments: the mint green second from left is called "Ice Magic" and the orange one next to it is called "Golden Bounty". Also in coral packaging lying in the front is a jumbo eye pencil called "Merry Go Round" which I'm guessing coordinates with the single shadow of the same name. The last thing I got was a lip balm in mint green packaging in the flavor "Vanilla Coconut" and I have applied it several times already today. It isn't the best, but it isn't the worst. Doesn't that explain it well? lol 

     I have not tried out any of these (except the lip balm), but as soon as I do I will write a review. I just wanted to show you in case you're like me and just love trying all makeup or if you have younger kids who are just getting into makeup or young'uns who always want to play in makeup. The pretty packaging is worth the damn dollar if you ask me! Anyway, until next time :)

No comments:

Post a Comment